Saturday 9 January 2010

Praying in the Shed

In my shed I have an icon, a candle, a stoop bowl. Every night before i go to bed i go out and sit for a while and talk/pray. While i ask question - i am still looking for the face of God. I also feel more at peace than i have for a long time. As much as a wrestle with questions i dont belive they will overcome me - but i will keep blogging my search for answers.


Today i meet with a friend i trained with and it was lovely. He sat with me and said - but you are meant to be a priest - its who you are. We talked through some of my questions and i was forced to admit that i am not sure right now if my question are there because i dont want to belive and not be able to stand at the alter or because they are question burried deep inside me that are bubbling up.  


I will keep asking - but will keep praying to.

3 comments:

  1. When I reach a place where I am questioning God about things, I cling to James 1:2-6. Knowing that He invites my questions helps me get through it all.

    Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How's your hand healing? I've been praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hoping to see you soon - lots of prayer for you all
    xx

    ReplyDelete