Saturday 19 December 2009

Festive Spirit

After careful calculation we have established that we can make it through till boxing day! There is some food in the fridge, nectar vouchers, and other such things.  I was chatting to my brother the other day about christmas trees, as he was asking for advice on them. I mentioned that we couldn't afford one this year, and the long suffering wife was being very good about this although its a big thing for her. Later on in the day him, and my brother turned up - with an early christmas present - a christmas tree.

The wife is completely delighted, even though its the oddest tree in the world - and bends at a very odd angle (she has always liked the underdog and this improves it no end in her eyes).  I am very touched that my brothers got it for us. I dont mention the yearly pantomime i go through with the wife about not wanting a tree, and being fed up with pine needles dropped on the floor - about lack of space. This year i just smile and watch her put up the decorations.

After my last blog i had an offer of some financial help from a reader - one i wont be taking up, but was really very touched by. While this may be a sounding board for feelings of despair at times, i dont want it to be a begging bowl. The offer was deeply appreciated - but we will find a way through, and just having the offer makes us feel a little less alone - and in honest a little guilty for complaining. Its cold outside, really cold - and i have a warm bed tonight, a beautiful wife, and a gorgeous daughter. What more could i ask?

No comments:

Post a Comment